Become a Stall Holder
The Bright Markets Committee in conjunction with the Alpine Shire is working to the common goal of developing the Bright Markets… Make it. Bake it. Grow it into the very best regional markets showcasing our unique regional produce and products. By following our Make it…Bake it…Grow it. ethos, the Bright Monthly Markets strive to showcase the best local produce and product going around.
Product Selection Criteria
- All products offered for sale must be handmade, home grown or home baked.
- Products that are deemed inappropriate (e.g. discriminatory or offensive) will not be considered. We do not accept commercial or design only products.
- Only the highest quality second hand and recycled goods will also be considered (e.g. antiques, vintage jewellery & clothing).
- Only stalls offering regional produce and products within a 100km radius of Bright will be considered. Stall holders outside this radius will be considered at the discretion of the markets committee and subject to current stall numbers and variety.
- Upon approval, all fees are payable in advance. Cheques are accepted.
- If you don’t have public liability insurance we will provide cover for an additional $15 this will cover you for one market only.
- You will need to pay an additional $10 if you require a powered site.
- 12-month stall – $360.00 (25% saving)
- 9-month stall (no winter attendance) – $290.00 (20% saving)
- 6-month stall – $204.00 (15% saving)
- Casual stall fees are $40 per market. $45 if paid on market day.
- Fees must be paid by due dates set by Management and failure to pay the stall fee on time is a breach of these regulations and all bookings will be cancelled.
- Stallholders who pay by a cheque that is dishonored will be charged an Administration fee of $15.00.
Stall Set-up and Equipment
- Stallholders must provide their own covers and stall set-up which must be good in presentation.
- Management do not provide or hire out any stall equipment, they only provide site area.
- All stall equipment including racks, tables, signage etc must be contained to the stall site boundaries. Public access ways must be clear at all times.
- Alpine Shire Council has forbidden the use of tent pegs due to possible damage to underground irrigation lines. Tents should be weighted down appropriately with sand bags or the like.
- Tents, covers and all stall equipment must be erected securely and weighted or secured at all times.
- All equipment must in good repair and be operated in a safe manner.
- All stall boundaries are to be at least 1m away from tree trunks, as per council regulations. Under no circumstances can trees be used for any purpose.
- It is the Stallholders sole responsibility to apply to the Alpine Shire Councils’ Environmental Health Officer to obtain and pay any registration required.
- Registration with Streatrader is preferable – https://streatrader.health.vic.gov.au
- Stallholders must be in possession of a copy of this registration with the Alpine Shire Council while trading on market days.
- Food stallholders must comply with any local, state & federal health regulations & Food acts.
- Stalls selling Alcohol (bottle only) must be in possession of a copy of their Liquor License while trading on market days.
- Failure to comply with health department standards and regulations may result in immediate closure of the stall and future stalls may only be reinstated once the Markets Committee are satisfied all standards and regulations have been adhered to.
How to apply
To obtain a copy of the application form, or if you have any questions contact the Market Coordinator, Amanda Hore via email email@example.com or phone 0402 890 940.